Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Pre-Post 12/30/14

Well,  here I go....     Or should I say, there I went .....

I think "There I went",  is much more appropriate because, I went to the First Ever Writers Boot Camp.....October 27-29, in Littleton, Colorado.... 

That most probably doesn't sound like much of a feat to most of you but... I'm 68 and 1/2 years old... I've never written much in my life...but I want to...with all the internet and social media available it seems a little more realistic these days.  You see I'm from a generation who saw the first in-home black and white TV, the first Swanson TV Dinner.  Seriously, our Moms didn't work outside the home.  Daddys came home from work, had a cocktail. Dinner was set and the family ate dinner and that was that.  And that seemed very normal....

Now that I've given you a glimpse of my "mind-set", you must be wondering why I was ever even considering traveling to Colorado from California alone.  Seeing as how I'm "elderly" and all, I say tounge-in-creek...Not to mention that out of the 60 or so people signed in to the WBC2014 were 98% under 40, I have kids older than that.  Most had college degrees.  Some had written or were writing books and some were already published... No pressure here...Seriously?

Well...it was Margaret Feinberg and Johnathan Merritt, after all.  I knew it was my one and only opportunity to have a chance to sit under these two amazing writers... People that I admire so much. 

So as one of my "Elderly Friends" had encouraged me to do few years back..... I put on my "Big Girl" pants, made the needed reservations,  packed my suit case and off I went.... To be clear... I'm was scared OUTTA my wits.

I arrived.  Attended the the intense training, met some extremely wonderful people and had an awesome time.  I came away not simply believing you can teach "old dogs" new tricks, I was and am completely sure that you can teach "old dogs" new tricks.  And give them the where-with-all to do whatever they set their minds to.  In the coming year I hope to impart many things to whomever takes the time to read this blog.  All the while understanding that there is a power greater than I, and you that is at work orchestrating each and every one of our lives...How we play it out makes us each have our own individual story...soon I'll start sharing with youhow my story has, is and will continue to play out.

7 comments:

  1. Go to your Design page (right side of your Blogger dashboard) and you can add a gadget on the right panel to allow folks to click a subscribe or follow button so your readers get notified when you make new postings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a joy having a YOUNG THINKER like you there. Expecting big things from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Johnathan....and Happy New Year to you😍🎉🎉🎉

    ReplyDelete
  4. Figured it out. Great job! So glad you are doing this. Share the wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Charlie -- Loved, loved, loved having you at Writer's Bootcamp. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete