Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Blog #1 of 52.             Second try at the first one...

Have you ever been at a place in your life that you have so much to say....you don't know how to say it with expertise or even who to say it to?  I stand at that place today.

I wrote a post for my very first blog in 2015.  The more I read it and perfect spelling, phrasing and all that mechanical stuff, the more I became frustrated with what I wrote.

Why is that the case?  I'm contemplating that answer as I write this second try.

Do I live in fear of what others might think of my writing skill?  (Of course) Am I afraid that they, whomever "they" are might think my subject matter is silly? (Of course, how silly is that?) 

How do I write with "Hope" and "Joy" in every word?  

I'm
Gonna
Find
Out

In the first chapter of the Book of John, the Word tells us of a Savior "who was and is and is to come"... John 1:29 "sort of".  John the Baptist was heralding the embodiment of the "Savior" spoken of in the Old Testament.  If I believe the Word of God is true, and I do, then I must also believe that He is the "Author and Finisher of my faith" and ALL that I do. And if He is ALL that,  then I just need to get on with today and this blog, with a 2 & 1/2 year old little granddaughter on my lap and Mr. Peabody & Sherman on the TV.....

The year 2014 was a busy one.  But then again, I like busy... I care for 4 of my grand children 4 days a week.  So my days are very busy with my kiddos.  I'm such a blessed "Mema" and I wouldn't have it any other way.  Mike, my husband, works out of town and lives in our Motor Coach during the week...we have a couple, very good friends of ours, that are staying with us until their new home is ready to move in to.  They moved here in April last year and they are hoping to be in their new home before Valentine's Day.  We started attending a new church this year, ...we went to Cancun to our nieces wedding, we went to South Dakota, I went to Colorado to a writing boot camp with Margaret Feinberg and Jonathan Merritt... I have 5 kids and 10 grand kiddos...so as is every year...it was a busy year... 

2015 is looking lots less busy... At least today it does...

My goals???

To live in the "present"... 
Being "anxious for nothing"...
Continue to be "Available"...

If I can accomplish all three of these things, even some of the time, I'll allow myself to feel accomplished.  I know that these things will not be accomplished if I don't incorporate those three goals.  From this point forward I will endeavor to proceed with the confidence that "He that began a good work in me, will see it through to the end...in Him I am successful always.


1 comment:

  1. Yay! Happy 2015! And happy new blog. Love #1 of 52. Looking forward to the more. I might steal your 3 goals for myself: ;)

    ReplyDelete