Saturday, March 14, 2015

4 of 52

WHAT????

YES!!!

I figured it out...😊

I can't believe how hard some things seem to be as you grow older.

This is a quote from a post on FB

"Oh My God, what if you wake some day and your 65 or 75 and you've never got your memoir or novel written; or didn't go swimming in the warm pools or oceans for all those years because your thighs were "jiggly"; and you had a nice big comfortable tummy; or you were just too strung out on perfectionism and people pleasing that you forgot to have a big juicy creative life, of imagination and radical silliness and staring off into space like when you were a kid?  It's gonna break your heart.  Don't let it happen."  (This was written by Anne Lamott)

This was read by me yesterday ... I'm almost 69 years old..." I know, I know" ... You say... Cause I'm reminding all of you who read here that at "MY" age, you reflect on things.  You see things, you are happy about some things and regretful about others. Start on your bucket list EARLY... Spend your lifetime DOING them, not WAITING to do them when you get older, when your children are raised, when you retire... Unfortunately, some things have to wait for life to take us there, but lots of the IMPORTANT things can be achieved along the way... Don't miss ANYTHING...I think "Bucket
Lists" are important... Understanding "Who You Are" is important.... Knowing that "How you were
created by Father God" is OK, your specifications are yours and no one else's... His opinion of His
creation is ALL that means anything anyway... Stay true to yourself and who and what you are called to be, that mandate is between you and our God... No one knows the promises and challenges He has made to and for you and yours.... His priority system for you is so very important, staying flexible to move as the spirit moves you... Sometimes you just have to "up and go"....others you must "sit and be still"...and "Wait"

I really don't want my words to be sounding as if I'm teaching all the time... I hope to be sharing
experience, to bring light and hope to who ever happens to read this...Everything I will be blogging is out of experience.  While trying to follow my heart and endeavoring to follow after God's heart with my family and the destiny that He has set forth for me.  It's been fun, sad, challenging, easy, hard, messy, invigorating, enlightening, and sometimes has left me dismayed.... But ALWAYS, "at the end
of the day"...I sought to see JOY...I seek to bring JOY....I remember as a little girl, an adolescent, a teenager and as a young adult sitting in "the big middle" (a phrase from my Momo) of my bed, crying
and pleading and telling God that ALL I ever wanted was to be happy.... In my younger years I didn't realize what a tall order that was, even for God.

This story all started in a seemingly "giving spirit"... At a "Silent Auction"... Raising money for a battered women and children's shelter... I wanted to give... I wanted this dinner that I was bidding on to be a double blessing.  There was this "Gentleman " who also wanted this "Gormet Dinner for Eight" as well.  We were very successful in driving the price of this meal up to, well I can't really remember the price (you know, at my age and all) that we ended our bidding on.  It was not my bid though, and I believe it was about $600.00.  Now that might seem extravagant, to say the very least. But let me explain............

On my "Bucket List" was a desire to have a very special "Ladies of My Life" party... The ladies of
my life were:  my 2 Sister-In-Laws, my 3 Daughters, My 2 Daughter-In-laws, my oldest
Granddaughter and to round it out one of my oldest and dearest friends...Including me that made, if you were keeping count... That's 10 not 8 .... Oh well I'd just pay a little more for the extras...

Well, needless to say after the bids got up past $600.00... I threw in the towel...and my "Ladies of My Life Dinner" right along with it.... Next post will tell "The Rest Of The Story".



No comments:

Post a Comment