Wednesday, March 18, 2015

5 of 52

So here we are.... And I'm thinkin you'd like to hear "The Rest of the Story"... 

Let me start by saying that it has been my experience that God ALWAYS moves in mysterious ways.  We think we have it all figured out, we know what we're to do and how were to do it.   Nope.... That's just not how He does things.... 

I've been contemplating how to impart the "Rest of the Story" to you.  There are so many interesting avenues I could expound on here, but again, those stories will come Later.  Today I must tell you how the "Silent Auction" ended.  Well, much to my dismay the gentelman won the Girmet Dinner For 8.   

Let me define "Gormet Dinner for 8":  The group that donated this amazing offering for the auction is a group of "Singles", from a neighboring church,  that are Gormet food and wine connoisseurs.  They travel all around the Northern and Central California wineries and famous eateries.  Not to be forgotten, they are all aspiring Chefs as well. So they return from their travels and perfect the recipes and and their wine paring skills on each other and then they offer these amazingly crafted delectable dinners for fundraisers.  

It just so happens that one of "Ring Leaders" of these "Galavanting Gormets" was one of my Negibors on "Prarrie View Lane" (which on its own is a whole book of blogs).  And had invited us to this event so that I could win this dinner  for my "a Ladies of my Life Party", and donate money to the women's shelter ... Now, get this, the year before the dinner went for $300.00..... And as you know, this particular year it went for $600,00...,  well after the auction winners were announced this amaxing group of "Galavanting Gormets" came trotting over to our table and
told me that truly would do the dinner for me too.... OHMYGOODNESS ... I was overjoyed...it was a WIN - WIN - WIN situation... So I set my sails to prepare for the party.... My sweet friend and "Prairie View Lane" neighbor offered her home to have the event.  Since we were still living in our Motor Coach "TAD"... That was an immense blessing...l oh yeah.... Living in "TAD"... Another whole blog of stories of which I have chronicled and blogged somewhat about in previous blogs.... Any way suffice it to say there was no room to party with 10 guests and 4 chefs...

Sorry guys ... I must digress............. 33 years ago today.... St. Patrick's Day........ Was the last time I saw my Daddy alive...I was able to talk to him regarding his "Final Home" ... He assured me that I would surely see him on the other side.... At that time I was so willing for him to be OUTTA his misery...and to be in our Eternal Home in Heaven....He had been diagnosed with terminal cancer, pretty much all over his body just before Christmas 1981...   So now it's the 18th of March, 2015... And I still miss him.... I am almost seven years older than he was when he passed away.  He got to see all his grand children born though, and that's a very good thing.  He is a funny guy, he really doesn't know what to do with babies but when they get big enough to play and go fishin that's his time.  He's a very quiet man.... But you never are at a loss to know how he feels about things... He has "looks" that speak volumes...He is a "meat and potatoes" man every Nite with HOT bread and butter.... He was a skinny guy too...And one of his favorite sayings is...."Hook-Line-and-Sinker"... Daddy's are very special people.  I'm so 
thankful he is mine..."Here, There or In the air"...and most of all he LOVED and loves my Mom, they are waiting there for us... They are fishin every lake in Heaven, catchin "Big Fish"...

I have lots more to tell you about my LOML Luncheon.... So stay tuned...


1 comment:

  1. My Daddy died young at 60 years old, but it was an unexpected death and he did not suffer many days. Since I had no doubt where he going after life on earth, it is strange to tell you I did not grieve. It surprised me too! Our fulltime RVing only lasted one year in 2007, but it was oh so blessed a year. We are not blogging much anymore on either of our blogs. It's kinda funny, if you have something to blog about, there's no time to do it. If you might have the time, there's still other things that seem to prevent it. Like today, we are having a real downpour in Lower Alabama and the road in front of our mobile home looks like a small river with the runoff from the rain rushing by as fast as it can headed for the Fish River, which empties into Weeks Bay and eventually makes its way into the Gulf of Mexico.

    ReplyDelete